Important Information Regarding the FY2018 Original Budget
As we begin to develop the FY2018 Original Budget, here are a few important items that will assist you in formulating departmental budgets. Please distribute to budget managers in your area as necessary.
- The Budget Office will conduct Departmental Salary and Budget (Merit) Worksheet training at the end of March. We will provide more information on merit increase funding as we move closer to an approved state budget.
- All budget managers should review their permanent Departmental Budget Amendment Business Object Report. (Please be sure to review all fund 14000 DS&S budgets for revenue adjustments.) Any permanent budget amendments not already submitted to the Budget Office must be received by March 1, 2017 to be included on the FY2018 budget schedules. This includes transfers from Operating (700000) to Equipment (800000) for equipment leases. The Procurement Office can advise you if your leases are charged to operating or equipment and the amounts. Transfers received after this date will be amended into the FY2018 budget in July 2017.
- For inclusion in the FY2018 Original Budget, position classification and reclassifications with corresponding budget amendments should be received in the Budget Office by March 1, 2017.
- If you are planning a college, division, or departmental reorganization, please contact the Budget Office as soon as possible to obtain a copy of the reorganization template. Reorganizations take a considerable amount of time but we can work with you to incorporate this data into the FY2018 Original Budget. Reorganizations include moving positions from one department to another, consolidating two or more departments into a single department, or dividing a department into two or more departments. Reorganizations and new department requests should be submitted to the Budget Office by March 1, 2017.
- Student Activity, Auxiliary, and Athletic revenue and expense budget spreadsheets must be submitted to the Budget Office no later than April 14, 2017.
- The following fringe amounts will be used when budgeting new and vacant positions:
FICA/ FICA MED: 7.65% Retirement: 16.81% Health & Life: $6,000
- Budget Schedules G and G-1 will be distributed to Vice-Presidents electronically after the budget is approved in late June. These schedules include positions and employees with an effective date on or before March 31, 2017. Changes in personnel effective after March 31st will be amended in the FY2018 budget in July 2017.
- If during the Original Budget process your division is allocated new funds, once the budget is finalized, we will contact you with information on how to access these funds.
Last updated: 2/10/2017