FY2021 Budget Prioritization Timeline and Process:
Dr. Marrero’s fiscal budget prioritization process for FY 2021 will lead to engagement and transparency. This exercise will engage all levels of our institution and will require leadership to communicate prioritization decisions at each level of the process. Guided by the FY 2021 Budget Prioritization Timeline, faculty and staff will complete their budget prioritization (needs requests) and send in priority order to their appropriate next level of supervision. Below is the new FY 2021 Budget Prioritization and Development process that outlines layers of decision-making, responsibility, and timeline.
· August 1 – August 31, 2019: Faculty and Staff in departments, centers and units working with their chairs, directors, and managers will develop and prioritize their needs assessment and requests. Final prioritized decisions will be communicated with departments, centers and units and forwarded to the next level of review.
· September 1 – September 15, 2019: Deans/Directors, AVPs in the colleges and major non-academic units review with department/center/unit leaders their requests, prioritizing and aligning those requests with the needs of the College or major non-academic unit. In addition, this level of review will include opportunities for budget savings/redirection to help fund internal priorities and/or savings. Final prioritized decisions and redirection opportunities will be communicated with Colleges and major non-academic units and forwarded to the next level of review.
· September 16 – September 30, 2019: Divisional Vice Presidents review with Deans/Directors, AVPs their requests, prioritizing and aligning those requests with the needs of the Division. This level of review will also identify opportunities for budget redirection and savings. Final prioritized decisions and redirection opportunities will be communicated with Divisions and forwarded to the next level of review.
· October 1 – October 15, 2019: President/VPs review all prioritized requests and redirection/savings opportunities and finalize the institutional FY2021 Budget Request. All prioritized decisions and redirection opportunities will be communicated with the campus and submitted within the FY2021 Budget Narrative documents submitted to the University System.
· October 23, 2019: FY2021 Budget Narrative & Budget Hearing Documents due to System Office
Last updated: 7/26/2019