Georgia Southern University offers two different ways you may receive your student account refund. You may choose the method that is more convenient for you:
Option 1: Direct Deposit
Your funds are electronically deposited in to the personal checking account of your choosing. Please refer to Direct Deposit of Refunds to learn more about Direct Deposit.
Option 2: Check
If you do not choose option 1, your student account refund check will be mailed to:
- Campus PO Box
- Your local address
- Your permanent home address
- Keep your mailing addresses updated in WINGS
- If you do not receive your check within 15 days, please contact Student Accounts at 912-478-0999 to inquire about a replacement
- Report lost or stolen checks immediately to Student Accounts at 912-478-0999
- If you lose your check after signing it, Georgia Southern University is not responsible
- Deposit/Cash your check as soon as possible. Stale dated checks may not be eligible for replacement
Additional Refund Information:
Georgia Southern has a variety of automated processes that occur to create student account refunds. Below are some important points:
– Refunds generated from payments made by check are subject to a 14 day holding period.
– Refunds generated from credit card payments (as determined above) will be refunded to the credit card.
– Parent PLUS Loans: If the parent did not indicate ‘plus to student’ on the application, the refund will be issued to the parent in the form of a check and mailed to the address on the plus application.
“Keep your finances safe by keeping it private. Please be discreet when discussing your refund with others.”
Last updated: 6/19/2018