Wright Express Fuel Card
In March 2004 the University started issuing Wright Express fuel cards. The state fuel card program consists of two distinct fuel cards, commonly referred to as the “Waterfall” Card and the “Red” Card. Each card has a unique operational purpose to acquire fuel to support the University’s mission.
The “Waterfall” Card has the words “TAX EXEMPT * FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY” appearing on the face below “VEHICLE FUEL CARD”. It is designated for the purchase of fuel for the primary fuel tanks of State vehicles including cars, trucks and other on-road vehicles, vehicles which are assets with unique Original Equipment Manufacturer identification numbers (i.e., Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN), serial numbers, engine numbers, etc.,) and all vehicles and equipment capable of tracking meter readings (i.e., hours, mileage).These cards are unique to a particular University vehicle and NOT to an individual. These cards may be used at participating stations to purchase fuel, automotive supplies and minor maintenance.
The “Red” Card has a red background and includes the words “Equipment” along with “TAX EXEMPT * FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY” under the words “GEORGIA FUEL CARD” on the face. This card is designated only for the purchase of fuel for secondary storage tanks for dispensing fuel at work sites as well as portable fuel cans or gas tanks and for use in portable equipment, lawn tractors, mowers, golf carts, etc. and for emergency use.
In order to use the Wright Express cards, the individual operator must have a Personal Identification Number (PIN) assigned and must have completed the Georgia Department of Administrative Services (GA DOAS) Fuel Card Acknowledgement Training and Fuel Card Policy Review (see below). The Fuel Authorization Form on our web page may be used to request a PIN. Persons desiring additional information on the Wright Express card may contact the Purchasing Office at 912-478-2897 for details.
In September 2019, GA DOAS mandated that all employees responsible for the use/safeguard of the fuel card are required to complete the Fuel Card Acknowledgement Training and Fuel Card Policy Review.
The course may be accessed as follows:
Fuel Card Driver Acknowledgement
- Log into http://doas.ga.gov/
- Once on website hover mouse over Fleet Management Box
- Select “Fleet Fuel Cards”
- Select “Fuel Card Driver Acknowledgement”
- Read the statement then click “Next”
- Open the hyperlink “Statewide Fuel Card Standards and Guidelines for Drivers”, read then close and
- Check the “I am a state of Georgia Employee box”, then click the “I Certify…..” box
- Click on the next hyperlink “Statewide Fuel Card Standards and Guidelines for Drivers Training Video to the last screen
- Check the box that certifies that you’ve viewed the video, then click “next”
- On this screen put in all of your info requested and digitally sign in the box with your mouse and click submit
- Print your certificate of completion
Fuel PIN Request
To be issued a Fuel Personal Identification Number we require the Fuel Card (WEX) Form completed and signed by the Department Head/Budget Approver. Completely fill out section B on the form and also provide a copy of the certificate of completion for the Fuel Card Acknowledgement certificate. Once complete scan and send all documentation to email@example.com
Last updated: 10/6/2021