Wright Express Fuel Card
In March 2004 the University started issuing Wright Express fuel cards. These cards are unique to a particular University vehicle and NOT to an individual. These cards may be used at participating stations to purchase fuel, automotive supplies and minor maintenance. Whenever possible, the Wright Express should be used instead of other credit cards (personal credit card, Statewide Purchase card, VISA) as the Wright Express automatically deducts taxes for which the University is exempt. In order to use the Wright Express card, the individual operator must have a Personal Identification Number (PIN) assigned and must have attended Class C Operator training and Georgia Department of Administrative Services (GA DOAS) Fuel Card Acknowledgement Training and Fuel Card Policy Review (see below). The Fuel Authorization Form on our web page may be used to request a PIN. Persons desiring additional information on the Wright Express card may contact the Purchasing Office at 912-478-2897 for details.
The campus fuel station should be the first choice source of fuel for University vehicles. If the fuel station is inoperable or vehicle is out of town, then vehicles may be fueled at off campus locations which accept the Wright Express fuel card.
Class C Operator and Fuel Card Acknowledgement Training and Fuel Card Policy Review:
In August of 2012 the Georgia Environmental Protection Department (EPD) mandated that all employees responsible for dispensing fuel from an unattended key or card access pump must be trained in safety/emergency standards and procedures and pass a Class C Operator examination.
In September 2019, GA DOAS mandated that all employees responsible for the use/safe guard of the fuel card is required to complete the Fuel Card Acknowledgement Training and Fuel Card Policy Review.
The courses and examinations may be accessed as followed:
Class C Operator Training
- Log into MyGeorgiaSouthern.edu
- Select eLearning System (Building A Better U)
- Click on the arrow next to your name in the upper right corner
- Select Compliance
- Under Optional Compliance Assignments select Class C Operator/Wex Card Training
- Complete the course and obtain a 90% or better on the quiz at the end of the training
- Print/Save Your certificate of completion
- If you have any questions or issues please contact email@example.com
Fuel Card Driver Acknowledgement
- Log into http://doas.ga.gov/
- Once on website hover mouse over Fleet Management Box
- Select “Fleet Fuel Cards”
- Select “Fuel Card Driver Acknowledgement
- Read the statement then click “Next”
- Open the hyperlink “Statewide Fuel Card Standards and Guidelines for Drivers”, read then close and
- Check the “I am a state of Georgia Employee box”, then click the “I Certify…..” box
- Click on the next hyperlink “Statewide Fuel Card Standards and Guidelines for Drivers Training Video to the last screen
- Check the box that certifies that you’ve viewed the video, then click “next”
- On this screen put in all of your info requested and digitally sign in the box with your mouse and click submit
- Print your certificate of completion
Fuel PIN Request
To be issued a Fuel Personal Identification Number we require the Fuel PIN Authorization Request Form completed and signed by the Department Head/Budget Approver. Completely fill out section B on the form and also provide a copy of the certificate of completion for the Class C Operator Course and the Fuel Card Acknowledgement certificate. Once complete scan and send all documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 4/26/2021